Matthew Farwell sent a note about an article on LMAX by Martin Fowler ( http://martinfowler.com/articles/lmax.html ) to the Java Posse mailing list. I found it a very interesting read for anyone interested in high performance computing. Having recently completing a Java project achieving 3 million business operations per second using the Actor model with a 12 core machine and feeling pretty happy, it was fascinating to read about a 6 million operation per second system based on a single thread. Of course the operations could be different complexities, but I have no doubt the LMAX project put a more time and into the performance analysis than my project did. Thought provoking stuff, and definitely worth a read for anyone doing high performance concurrent programming.
- Exploring Jupyter with Machine Learning
- Getting into Machine Learning
- Is Machine Learning Good for Small E-Commerce Business?
- Faking a Composer Repo
- Why My Microsoft Surface Pro is not an iPad
- Windows PowerShell, Control-Z, and Kitematic
- Installing GraphIQL for use with GraphQL in PHP
- Amazon Echo 2?
- A Personal Experience of Amazon Fresh
- Moving Magento DevBlog