Not as cool as RoadToImagine.com, but I was reflecting on some personal goals to get done by Imagine. Note, I am not doing all the real work myself, but I at least wanted to raise awareness so can discuss with anyone interested at Imagine. Lots of things coming together!
For lower end merchants
- E-book for learning Magento 2 themes. PART 1 of 2 DONE (https://alankent.me/gsd)
- Easy prebuilt Docker container with Luma demo store preloaded for playing and experimenting with M2. DONE (https://alankent.me/gsd)
- Vagrant box with pre-installed developer environment (PHP, web server, etc). DONE 3/24 (https://alankent.me/2016/03/24/vagrant-box-for-m2-development-quick-note/) – keep your eyes out for a Imagine 2016 Bar Camp session on this Vagrant box.
- Zero software install Magento 2 development environment via services like codeanywhere.com. DONE 4/7 (https://alankent.me/2016/04/07/cloud-based-development-environments/)
- Guidance on recommended way to lay out project files in a GIT repo, compatible with suggested prebuilt development environments. DONE 3/31 (https://alankent.me/2016/03/31/m2-project-source-code-management-recommendation/)
- Magento Marketplace for easier install of M2 extensions in the above development environments. IN PROGRESS (blog planned)
- Easy prebuilt Docker container for devloping new M2 projects. IN PROGRESS (blog planned)
- Summary of low end hosting options for Magento 2 (1 CPU and up). Available (in alphabetical order) at least from AWS Marketplace, Digital Ocean, and GoDaddy Cloud. STRETCH GOAL (Blog post tying back to the above development environments.)
- Documentation. I will be at the Magento Dockathon the weekend before the main conference. [Added 4/3]
For higher end merchants
- Show the JSON over AMQP protocol we are using to connect Magento Digital Commerce (the original Magento web store) and Magento Commerce Order Management (which now includes RAP). DONE 4/6 (https://alankent.me/2016/04/06/magento-shared-services/)
So no driving motorbikes across the country (drive safe guys!), but still driving for more great results to talk about at Imagine with anyone interested. Another busy week I suspect. Sleeping before Imagine might be a good idea too!